Last updated November 13, 2018
In collaboration with Boston University Metropolitan College (BU MET), Luxembourg School of Business (LSB) has designed a new program enabling eligible students to earn both an MBA at LSB and a master of science at BU MET. By combining the LSB MBA with the BU MET master’s degree, you may acquire a more specialized set of competencies in a specific field of interest, including project management, enterprise risk management, and global marketing management. Students enrolled in this program will have the opportunity to complete both degree programs simultaneously.
This option is designed for professionals looking to learn or update their skills and ability to contribute to enterprise risk planning and execution. This program provides the necessary tools and concepts to plan, prevent and—when needed—successfully respond to disruptions in complex business operations.
Students who complete the master’s degree in Enterprise Risk Management will be able to demonstrate:
- Proficiency in designing and evaluating exposures and the available response options, developing appropriate plans for widely-used enterprise risk management, business continuity planning, and disaster recovery frameworks and processes.
- Skills in the use of quantitative and qualitative data to estimate the likelihood and severity of individual exposures.
- The skills and abilities necessary to undertake management and leadership roles in the profession of enterprise continuity, with an appreciation of the broad issues of continuity, security and risk management.
- Quantifying all types of risks, including strategic, operational, financial and insurance, before the board of directors so that key risks are well understood and managed.
The Weekend-MBA program will enable you to constantly reflect on, and improve your everyday work.
- The theory will help to make sense of things you have learned through your job experience by giving you foundations and guidelines.
- Our innovative practice-oriented teaching techniques make the transition from the classroom to the workplace easy. Every class will give you takeaways, learning that can be applied directly, thus improving your performance at work.
- In addition, it will empower you and give you the confidence you need to make difficult managerial decisions.
Why a double degree?
- Earn an MBA from LSB and a master of science in the specialized area from BU MET within the same timeframe.
- Study in Boston, which is consistently rated the best student city in the U.S.
- Enroll in BU MET’s online master’s program, ranked in the top 10 in the nation for 2017 by U.S. News & World Report.
LSB students admitted to the degree pathway program will complete a total of eight BU MET courses, six of which will be completed online while they attend face-to-face MBA classes in Luxembourg. At the end of the LSB MBA program, students will take the final two required BU MET courses during a six-week summer session on campus in Boston, Massachusetts.
This school offers programs in: