Major: Business Administration
An Introduction to College of Economics & Business Management (EBMC)
At present, EBMC is composed of six departments which provide seven undergraduate programs, (i.e. Economics, International Economics & Trade, Business Management, Human Resources Management, Real Estate Operation & Administration, Financial Accounting Education and Financial Engineering), two interdisciplinary undergraduate programs of Mathematics-Economics and Law-Economics and five research institutes. In addition, EBMC offers one doctoral program of Economic & Social Statistics, two primary-discipline academic master programs of theoretic economics and applied economics, nineteen secondary-discipline master programs and three professional master programs, i.e. MBA, MAE, and MF. Among them, Applied Economics was awarded the Key Provincial Academic Disciplines. Hubei Real Property Development Research Center was awarded the Key Provincial Research Base for Humanities and Social Sciences. In addition, Real Estate Operation & Administration is known as the Branded Program of Hubei Province. Currently, there are 83 faculties in EBMC in total. 73 of them are full-time teachers and over 80% of them have Ph.D. diploma. Of the 73 full-time teachers are 18 professors, 30 associate professors, 23 lecturers, 47 master instructors, 7 doctoral instructors, 2 winners of the Special Allowances of the National Council, 3 winners of the Projects of Ministry of Education for New Centurial Excellent Talents and 1 Chutian-Scholar guest professor. In recent years, EMBC faculties have all together hosted nearly 50 national research projects which include two National Major Social Science Projects. They have also published over ten peer-reviewed articles on the authoritative academic journals, including Social Sciences in China, Economic Research, Management World, and over 500 CSSCI-indexed papers as well. What’s more, they have won over ten provincial excellent social science achievement awards including 3 first-prize awards. EMBC attaches great importance towards the open-education mode by maintaining the long-term inter-college exchange with universities in the U.S., UK, Canada, Australia, Russia, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong to upgrade the level of internationalization and talents. As a result, EMBC has won one Overseas Renowned Professor Project and enrolled approximately 200 international students.
I. Program Profile
This program was initiated in 1999 and began to recruit international students in 2012. At present, there are 13 full-time teaching faculties. 11 of them have received PhDs degree, which forms a teaching and researching faculty structure with all age levels. In the long-term teaching practice, the following education philosophies have been gradually formed: 1. The program pays great attention to the students’ basic abilities and theoretic approaches. Broad academic area and solid foundation have been emphasized.2. Students are encouraged and guided to participate in various scientific research and innovation activities. In the teaching section, teachers will illustrate all kinds of the ongoing research projects to enhance students’ explorative thinking and scientific research ability. Students are also encouraged to attend various internship programs to foster their team spirit and to take part in all kinds of innovation and entrepreneurship contests so as to strengthen their ability of spontaneous learning and innovation.3. Great importance has been attached to the students' awareness of the practice of domestic and international enterprises to meet the demand of market and enterprises. The faculties of this program undertake teaching and training responsibilities for both domestic and international MBA programs. They have rich experience in business operation and can help students to form a good international vision and comprehensive quality as professional managers.
II. Program Objectives
The program is designed to cultivate inter-disciplinary, applied and specialized personnel who are morally qualified, good at scientific thinking, bearing innovative and seeking-for-truth spirit, possessing fundamental knowledge and skills of management, economics, and law. The graduates are supposed to either work as an administrator in businesses, government agencies or be the premium candidates for master programs or entrepreneurs with good comprehensive qualities and knowledge system.
III. Basic Requirements
The graduates of the program are expected to acquire the following knowledge and capabilities:
1. To be morally qualified, self-confident and forgiving and to be capable of teamwork and to have rational values in life.
2. To grasp the professional and theoretical knowledge of management, economics and modern business management. Students of this program are expected to skillfully apply the qualitative and quantitative analytic tools which are common in business management to solve the practical problems in businesses. Students of this program are also expected to be familiar with the real environment, policies and the international practices and rules of business operation and management. They are expected to grasp the basic methods of searching literature and resources. Be aware of the frontier theory and development trend of this academic area. In addition, they are expected to gain the preliminary ability to undertake scientific research and practical tasks.
3. To have innovative spirit and strong life-learning capability. Students of this program are expected to able to do the dynamic thinking and gain international vision. They are expected to be brave to innovate and start up their own businesses. They are also expected to acquire scientific thinking ability and seeking-for-truth spirit.
4. To be good at collaboration and interpersonal communications. Students of this program are expected to be able to communicate fluently in a foreign language. They are also expected to grasp computer or electronic information technology to do information processing and application.
IV. Program Curriculum
Note: Degree Course is related to Chinese language, students could obtain course information from College of International Cultural and Exchange. The course can be specified as personal interests, eg. Elementary Comprehensive Chinese, Public Chinese etc.. In addition, the course of “Business Chinese” is a compulsory course which is provided by EBMC.
V. Requirements for Graduation:
1. Achieve rated 33 credits in total, and each individual category.
2. Achieve qualified thesis and academic oral defense.