The ESMT Master of Business Administration is a one-year, full-time MBA program focusing on international management. Courses are taught at ESMT’s main campus in Berlin, Germany. ESMT accepts up to 70 talented professionals every year to join an intense program that highlights innovation, technology, sustainability, and personal development. Students are given unparalleled opportunities for self-improvement and networking while learning to master global business administration from Germany’s most international business faculty.
Leadership and personal development: At ESMT, we keep class sizes small so that every student’s development can be at the core of the program. No 500-person lecture halls here.
Technology management: ESMT believes in innovating through technology. Experience this up close to the specialization track “Managing Innovation and Technology,” and through high-tech and high-impact consulting projects on offer every year. Don’t forget to join ESMT’s Entrepreneurship Club for the unique chance to connect with Europe’s most vibrant start-ups in Berlin.
Sustainable and responsible leadership: With the “Global Sustainable Business” elective track, find out international management’s role in bettering the planet. Through the Social Impact Club, you connect with local and international NGOs and social entrepreneurial ventures, with which you can organize a consulting project that benefits the world.
Networking in Berlin: You will have multiple opportunities to network and meet HR representatives, business leaders, entrepreneurs, and academic specialists during the entire MBA program.
ESMT’s MBA is a 12-month program. Classes begin in January and finish in December of each year.
In addition to the core program, some students take advantage of unique opportunities to further their educational or career goals:
- Goethe Institut: Early applicants can move to Berlin two months early to complete an intensive German language course at a reduced rate.
- GNAM Network Week: Students have the opportunity to attend classes for a week at prestigious partner schools. Participating institutions are Yale SOM New Haven; IE Madrid; EGADE Mexico City; Koç Istanbul; UCD Smurfit Dublin; Fudan Shanghai and many more.
- Beijing Exchange Program: Up to two students per year extend their MBA by 6 months to take further MBA courses at the Peking University Guanghua School of Management.
- Responsible Leadership Fellowship: In coordination with ESMT's Circle of Friends, MBA graduates can delay their job search for 6 months to provide pro-bono services to social entrepreneurs, NGOs, and business schools in developing countries.
To be considered for the ESMT international MBA program, students need to have:
- At least three years of professional, postgraduate experience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Strong GMAT or GRE scores
- For non-native English speakers, TOEFL scores (95 minimum) or equivalent
- Completed online application
- Personal interview
Living in Berlin:
MBA students should budget enough money to cover their apartment, insurance, public transportation or bicycle, food, and entertainment. We recommend budgeting €1,000 to €1,500 a month.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 23, 2018