Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
The Official Master's Degree in Business Administration is offered by the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration (ICADE) at Comillas Pontifical University, through ICADE Business School.
Companies nowadays operate in an increasingly global and interconnected environment. The main objective of the Official Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) is to train a new generation of students by providing them with a comprehensive and strategic perspective of business and enabling them to integrate all operational areas, make decisions and manage new situations.
The Official Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) is aimed at university degree holders with little work experience who, regardless of the studies they have completed, wish to engage in business management as their main occupation.
- Candidates must hold or be able to justify that they will soon be awarded a Bachelor's or Licentiate Degree, Degree in Engineering or in Architecture, or equivalent degree from a foreign university.
- Having a solid academic record and proof of English proficiency will be an advantage. Proficiency in Spanish will be required.
- Once the documents received are analyzed, an entrance examination and a personal interview will be conducted to complete the selection process.
- The final admission decision is based on the overall evaluation of the candidate in relation to the set of candidates and places available.
- When the evaluation of your application by the Admissions Committee has been completed, we will send you a reply via email and postal mail.
Methods & Objectives
- Offering our students a comprehensive and strategic vision of business and its adaptation to the environment, integrating all operational areas.
- Promoting understanding of the factors surrounding the company and the impact they can have on strategy or operations.
- Developing the student’s ability to employ management and information tools to solve the specific problems of each functional area.
- Equipping our students with the skills necessary to make business decisions, develop awareness of how to engage in teamwork, flexibility, and leadership.
- Learning to plan and design a professional career plan in which the students may employ their initiative, common sense and entrepreneurial spirit.
- The teaching methodology is based on an eminently practical and active learning model that is designed to adapt the educational objectives, content and learning strategies.
- Teaching is based on interactive presentations by the lecturer, seminars and conferences, business simulations, use of new technologies, completion of individual and group assignments, tutorials, oral presentations, and tutorials.
- The "case method" brings the students closer to the business world.
- The "outdoor education" methodology fosters team integration and building, enabling the students to perform at a high level from the first sessions of the program. It also enables participants to transfer this experience to your everyday life and future workplace.
At the beginning of the program and over 2 days, the students travel to a natural environment where, combining theory sessions with various outdoor activities, they achieve the objectives already identified.
In order to be awarded the Master's Degree, the students must pass assessments covering the study program through a mixed evaluation system.
The lecturers assess whether the student has achieved the learning objectives for each subject. The lecturers assess whether the student has achieved the learning objectives for each subject. Student assessment is ongoing, and the final grade is based on objective tests, oral presentations, reports, case solving and active participation.
Grants and financial aid
The University, as an institution of the Catholic Church dedicated to all members of society, offers a range of grants and financial aid to its students, to help with study costs and to ensure equal opportunities based on the individual needs of each student.
This aid comes directly from the University, from contributions made by the Comillas-ICAI University Foundation, the Fund of Church Grants, the non-autonomous foundation for candidates to the priesthood and from other organizations and individuals.
Students at the University are eligible for the same benefits as other Spanish university students with regard to school insurance, official grants, and other grants.
Career & academic prospects
Graduate Profile. Career Prospects:
The Official Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) brings our students closer to the labor market by offering professional in-company internships. These are integrated into the MBA's course content for the purposes of the calculation of program credits. The MBA has agreements in place with prestigious companies that operate in various sectors. In addition, as part of the Master's program, the students work on a project to create and set up a company, integrating all the knowledge and experience acquired during the course of study. All this ensures the incorporation of our students to the labor market and gives them the opportunity to work in the field of management and functional areas of a company.
The Official Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) is generalist course of study aimed at training professionals. Thus, MBA graduates can work in business organizations from different sectors (banks, FMCG companies, service companies, large retail and distribution chains, etc.), primarily engaging in financial and marketing roles.
Academic Career Paths:
Moreover, The Official Master´s Degree in Business Administration MBA also enables holders to gain admission to official doctorate programs as provided for in Royal Decree 99/2011 of 28 January, which regulates official doctorate programs.
Cost & Fees
The total fee for the Master's program is EUR 22,260.
- Registration fee - EUR 2,160.00
- 10 installments - EUR 2,010.00
If you are alumni, you are entitled to 10% discount to be applied to your last installment.
Any Mexican students admitted onto our Master's program whose studies are funded by FIDERH will receive a scholarship from Comillas equivalent to 10% of the total fees of the course of study in which they are enrolled.
Program taught in: