The Republic of Singapore is officially an island-country located in Southeast Asia less than 100 miles north of the Equator. Consisting of one large island (called Pulua Ujong in Malaysian) and over 60 smaller islands, Singapore is a major world commercial center that claims the third-highest per capita income among all world countries. Nearly 75 percent of Singapore's population is Chinese, with Indians, Eurasians and Malays comprising the other 25 percent. Due to Singapore's quick ascent into economic prosperity, it is now identified as a "middle power" country exhibiting substantial influence in global affairs.
Study Business in Singapore
Earning a Business Degree in Singapore Lauded in 2010 as having a world-leading education system and recommended for commendation by a British education minister, Singapore spends nearly 20 percent of its yearly national budget on primary and tertiary education. Students can obtain a business degree at any of the several national universities in Singapore offering undergraduate, master's and doctoral degrees. Public, private and foreign universities exist as well, with the Chicago Business School and the Technische Universitat Munchen providing business degrees for Singapore and international students. Specialized four-year business degrees include Bachelor of Arts in Administration, Business Management, Enrepreneurship and International Business. Doctorate business degrees allow students to obtain positions at universities as instructors or as research leaders. Singapore is also famous for its adherence to "meritocracy", an ideology fundamental to their education system that identifies the best students and prepares them for leadership positions. Students exhibiting excellent academic performance records are typically granted admission to special degree programs that forego or reduce tuition fees. Tuition Fees Cost of a four-year business degree in Singapore is around may vary from one school to another but many universities offer reduced tuition rates subsidized by the government through a program called the Tuition Grant Scheme and numerous scholarships. Why Obtain a Business Degree in Singapore? Because of its superior educational system, subsidized tuition opportunities and rapidly developing economy, Singapore offers exceptional academic and employment opportunities for business degree holders following graduation. In addition, Singapore consistently ranks high on quality-of-life indexes, with the tourism, biotechnology and manufacturing industries supporting its above-average per capita income. With its open economy and powerful presence in industrial and service sectors, Singapore presents diverse employment opportunities for students with business degrees seeking positions that offer much room for advancement. Business majors can also find positions in fields as varied as healthcare administration, logistics, advertising and social service programs.