Simon Fraser University - Beedie School of Business
CAD 57,300 / per year *
Earliest start date
* includes all course materials, off-site orientation, and workshops
Photo courtesy of Simon Fraser University - Beedie School of Business
SFU Beedie’s Executive MBA (EMBA) program is for senior professionals ready to take it to the next level. Whether you’re on the way up, or you’re already there, the EMBA will keep you razor-sharp and competitive. It can also qualify you for a better position in your current career, or help you transition into a new one.
If you already have extensive leadership experience, an EMBA will help unlock your full capabilities, decision-making confidence, and strategic know-how.
Who it’s for
The Executive MBA is designed for senior managers and professionals, as well as emerging business leaders.
While our curriculum moves quickly, the program is intended to be manageable for someone who is also working a demanding full-time job. Our flexible format ensures you can maintain the equilibrium between life, work, and enhancing your career.
What you’ll learn
SFU Beedie’s EMBA program will give you the confidence and ability to drive a business strategically at the senior management level. You’ll gain new insights and frameworks for thinking, analyzing, strategizing, and leading. You’ll improve your communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
You can take what you learn at the weekend, and start using it at work on Monday.
The Americas MBA for Executives is an optional stream in Year 2 that gives you the opportunity to study relevant management issues with MBA students from educational institutions in the four largest economies in the Americas: Canada, Brazil, Mexico, and the USA.
Where it can take you
SFU Beedie’s Executive MBA program provides outstanding leadership training and a well-recognized and respected degree, together with membership in a whole new network of 1,500 alumni. Your investment in the EMBA gives you invaluable returns and success in the next stage of your career.
Intense yet manageable, the SFU Beedie EMBA is delivered in a part-time format over the course of 20 months, which means you don’t need to step away from your leadership duties.
- 20 months, part-time
- Friday and Saturday full-day classes on alternate weekends
- September start date
- Begins and ends with a mandatory 3-day retreat in Whistler
At the heart of downtown Vancouver is SFU Beedie’s Segal Graduate School campus, a heritage bank reimagined as a 60,000 square-foot landmark housing classrooms, meeting rooms and study spaces.
It’s centrally located with easy access to public transit, which makes getting to and from class exceptionally convenient.
Plus, you’re surrounded by cafes, shops, and restaurants. It’s a neighborhood as vibrant as any.
- An undergraduate degree. A two-year diploma and outstanding grades will be considered. A limited number of people who lack a formal degree but have other outstanding qualifications may be admitted.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 10 years of professional work experience with four years in a management position. On average, our EMBAs have 18 years of work experience with 10 years of management experience.
- All applicants must be fluent in English. If your primary language is not English, you must demonstrate sufficient command of the English language through one of the two acceptable tests: TOEFL or IELTS.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.
Program Admission Requirements
Demonstrate your commitment and readiness to succeed in business school by taking the GMAT exam – the most widely used exam for admissions that measures your critical thinking and reasoning skills. Download the GMAT mini quiz to get a flavour of the questions you’ll find in the exam.